The Segway is a very safe machine to use if handled correctly
and if the training and safety advice is followed, however, there are
inherent risks that could result in death or injury if you do not do so.
Set out below are details of our Terms and Conditions for use
of our Segways during our Segway Sessions.
You will be required to sign a copy of our Terms and Conditions form
before you begin your Segway session to confirm that you accept and
agree to abide by them and that you accept the risks involved and will be responsible for your own activities and actions.
You will be also be required to sign a copy of our
Training and Instruction Schedule to confirm that you have
received and understood our training instructions
If you would like to see a copy of the forms that you will
need to sign/sign regarding your child please use the links below.
Adult (16 years old or over) Terms & Conditions
Parent/Guardian Terms & Conditions (Re. Child 12 to 15 years old)
Training and Instruction Schedule
Please also see our Important Information for Rider Safety page
No 'special skills' are needed to learn to ride Segways and there are no
complicated controls to learn, however, for safety and practical reasons there are some limitations that have to be placed on users.
Please ensure that everyone included in your booking can comply
with these requirements to avoid disappointment on the day :
Terms & Conditions
* Riding Segways is not suitable for pregnant women or if you have a serious health condition. This includes (but is not restricted to) a heart condition, epilepsy or a medical condition that may be aggravated in the event of a fall. It is your responsibility to advise us if you suffer from any such medical condition including one which would make it more likely that you would be involved in any incident which could result in injury to yourself or others
* You must be within the minimum/maximum weight limits for rider safety and to avoid damage to the Segway .
Minimum rider weight 100 lbs (7 st) 45 kg
Maximum rider weight 260 lbs (18.5 st) 117 kg
(We reserve the right to weigh riders if necessary)
* You don’t need to be fit or ‘sporty’ but you do need to be able to step on and off the Segway unassisted - if can go up and down steps without help or needing to hold onto a handrail then you will be fine - and you do need to be able to lean and be comfortable standing for the duration of the session.
* Please dress suitably so that you will be comfortable/warm/dry for riding the Segways in whatever the weather conditions are ! If it has been or is raining, there may be the likelihood of mud splashes onto footwear and trousers - so please bear that in mind when choosing what to wear.
* Do not wear long or very baggy clothing which could get tangled with the Segway.
* Do wear flat, ‘sensible’ secure, closed toe footwear - ie not flip flops or sandals.
* You must wear a safety helmet which will be provided, or you may bring your own.
* You will not be allowed to ride a Segway if we believe you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
* The booking period time includes safety advice, initial training and supervised practice.
* We will determine when it is safe for the rider to advance both regarding manoeuvres, speed and freedom to travel around different areas of the site and we reserve the right to stop the session if our instructions are not being followed and we feel our safety procedures are being breached - no refund will be made in these circumstances.
* You will be advised where you may ride the Segway, and you will keep to those areas
* We may cancel bookings if we consider that the weather or ground conditions are unsuitable.
* You will not enter into a race or ride close to the other Segways.
* You will not carry anything whilst using the Segway apart from, for example, a lightweight backpack that will not affect balance and that leaves both of your hands free to hold the handlebars.
* As you progress, you will be instructed on how to ride over the differing routes available, but will not be closely supervised - you are required to accept responsibility for your own safety.
* Children from age 12 years old upwards can enjoy a Segway ride - under 16 year olds must be accompanied on the session by a responsible adult (ie parent/guardian or grandparent) on a Segway, (no more than two children per booking/session).
However, for safety reasons they will stay on the training (slower) mode for the session and their parent/responsible adult will be expected to ride close by at their pace to supervise them. This should not affect anyone’s enjoyment of the session.
* You accept that we will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss, damage or injury arising from or in connection with this activity (except for death or personal injury caused by our negligence).
* You agree to pay the full costs of repairing any damages to our land, property or possessions (or those of other participants) that are directly or indirectly caused by your intended or unintended action
How to book a Segway Session.